Calvary Chapel Nampa Statement Of Faith
- We believe in Jesus Christ as God’s only means of salvation, through his death on the cross, for all the sins of mankind. “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6).
- We believe that salvation is attained through God’s grace, by faith alone in Jesus Christ and not as a result of man’s good works. “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- We believe in a triune God, made up of three persons each being God, identified in the Bible, as God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit. “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 28:19).
- We believe the Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God. “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16).
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return of power and glory. “For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scripture” (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).
- We believe in a literal creation account as given in Genesis chapter 1.
- We believe marriage is ordained by God, as a covenant relationship between one genetic man and one genetic woman for life. ‘”For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate” (Matthew 19:5-6).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer of Jesus and empowers them with spiritual gifts to be used by God to further His kingdom. “For John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now. But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth” (Acts 1:5,8)